Click on the Video tab below to hear course leader John Torella outline an action plan for retail success, with lessons learned from two case studies. You can also view videos of Torella introducing the Fundamentals of Retail Marketing & Marketing Communications course, as well as testimonials from course participants.
As much as the world of retail marketing and marketing communications changes – and it is dramatically changing – the principles and fundamentals remain the same. This two-day ACA workshop will deal with both changes: the customer, competition, media and marketing tactics, as well as the principles of objectives setting, strategy, creativity, execution and so on. Key components include:
- The seven-step process focuses on building a unique, results-oriented retail marketing and marketing communications plan
- Customer insights, objectives, strategies, and creative and media plans
- Retail branding: How to refresh, revitalize or, in fact, reinvent your brand
- The basics of budgets, organization and people needs, and outside resources
- The process finishes with a focus on putting measurements and ROI metrics in place
- Deeper, more holistic awareness, understanding and acceptance of retail marketing and marketing communications
- Increased confidence to take a larger leadership role in the development and detailing of marketing planning and execution
- Increased ability to work within a team environment and to deal with issues and opportunities of retail marketing
Who Should Attend:
- Retail marketing and communications management and staff who are involved in the development and detailing of marketing/communications planning
- Shopping centres, not-for-profit organizations, and advertising and media agencies
J.C. Williams Group
John is a Senior Partner and Senior Consultant in the areas of Branding, Retail Marketing and Communications with the J.C. Williams Group. He began his career at the T. Eaton Company of Canada, where he became Advertising and Sales Promotion Manager and a member of Eaton’s Central Division Management Committee. He left Eaton’s to head the development of a retail division for Vickers & Benson Advertising. After 12 years, John had successfully directed the growth of an impressive list of retail clients. Later he joined Grey Canada as General Manager of its Retail Division.
John is a member of and frequent speaker for the Retail Council of Canada, Retail Advertising Club of Chicago and the National Retail Federation, USA. He is also a co-author of the highly-regarded books A Guide to Retail Success; Building a Winning Retail Strategy; Stop Talking, Start Doing Retail Branding; Whole-Being Retail Branding; and his latest book, re|think Retail Branding.
ACA members: $660 / Non-members: $1,100 (plus HST)
Session: Fall 2013
Location: 95 St Clair Avenue West, Suite 1103, Toronto -View Map
Course brochure in PDF:
Fundamentals of Retail Marketing & Marketing Communications
For further information, please contact:
Davina Wong at 416-964-3805 ext 1007 /dwong@ACAweb.ca